Wednesday 23 November 2011

Sports Massage works a treat!

I will confess from the start, my wife is a Sports Massage Therapist.  However, contrary to common belief this does not provide me with endless nights of therapy.  In fact quite the opposite and I am lucky to book her expert skills for a single session a month.  In fact it is now November and I reckon I can count on one hand the number of sessions I have had.

However, that is beside the point.  If you have never had Sports Massage, you don't know what it is or what benefits you can get then take one bit of advice.  "BOOK YOURSELF IN" with your local therapist.  Not any beauty therapist but a qualified Sports Massage therapist. 

I won't lie to you, it can hurt, especially when they work your legs and in particular the IT band (the outside part of your thigh - try rubbing your fingers up and down the outside of your leg, sore??  imagine the pain when they use the length of their forearm press in hard?!!).  The point is not to scare you but to prepare you for what lies ahead.

The journey after it is often painful, you wake up a little sore an stiff, so I suggest you don't do it on a night when you have a long ride or commute the next day.

What is apparent though after, is the relief if provides the muscles, the additional energy it provides, the correction or muscle soreness that has been built up over weeks and months of wear and tear on he roads.  Sports therapists have been known to cure previous chronic muscle conditions simply by Improving posture, getting people to stretch correctly and providing the correct massage to re-align the muscles

I have a traditionally weak back, my fault I hate training my core??  (I’m lazy and it hurts!! ha ha).  This was made worse by cycling as It has a nasty habit of shrinking the hamstrings,  however, with correct stretching, the odd massage and manipulation I have had no major issues since my wife qualified 2 years ago.

I am not saying you boo with my wife, for many of you that will require many plane journeys, jet lag and  lot of cash!! what I do suggest is you spent the £30/ $50 (a pittance for the results you will get) and go and get some treatment. 

Oh yes don't forget to thank me!!

If you want some more information click on the link

http://www.thenturalgroup.co.uk/html/sports_massage.html
Sports massage, massage, baby massage therapist working mobile in Nottingham.

No comments:

Post a Comment